Through research and development, FINCA International is constantly improving its services and devising new ways to fulfill its mission. The process starts with research to identify clients’ needs; then planning and assessment help us to develop solutions that are sustainable and scalable. Some solutions make it easier for customers to do business, such as mobile phone banking, while others, such as insurance, strengthen the safety net that help keep families out of poverty.
Ultimately, FINCA knows that a growing range of services – financial and non-financial – will best support its mission and give its clients the means to improve their lives.
Examples of new services we are working on include:
- Agricultural loans for small-scale farmers
- Micro insurance to protect clients’ families and their assets
- Non-bank delivery channels
- Training and developing livelihoods, such as selling solar lanterns
- Programs that enable the poorest members of society to rise above destitution and build viable economic activities