How it works
- With a $5,000 donation, you can capitalize a Village Bank in one of these countries where access to loan capital is especially constrained: Afghanistan, El Salvador and Zambia.
- Once FINCA receives your donation, we’ll send it to the country you’ve chosen.
- Local FINCA staff will deliver the loan capital to your Village Bank.
- Within eight weeks, we’ll send details about the Village Bank you’ve supported, including a picture of the members, a brief profile of their businesses and a loan disbursement statement.
- Ten months after we receive your gift, we’ll send an update on your Village Bank, profiling testimonials of members and a report about the country where the bank is located.
How your donation keeps on working
- Even after the members of your Village Bank repay the loan, your donation keeps on working; it becomes part of the larger pool of local loan capital available to other local clients.
- For More Information Contact
- Mabel Valdivia
- Program Administrator